Jun 27, 2017

Why the Democrats fail.

I spend way too much time posting comments in places instead of getting things done. I know it too which doesn’t speak well of my discipline.

One of the things I posted a comment on was a story relating to the string of Democratic losses since the Election last November including the Election itself. There is a big disconnect going on and I find it fascinating.

Anyway, I posted a comment... and you know it got over 100 up votes and not a single down vote. That's not easy because usually depending on what you post one side or the other will get pissed off and then, there you go, down votes.

This though was an assessment of where the Democrats have gone wrong. Mind you, I’m registered to that other party but as stated before I don’t fall in lockstep.
I simply have to laugh at how stupid the Democrats have become.

They act as if it is so hard to understand why they have fallen so far out of favor when the truth is plain for anyone who cares to look.

Historically the party was supposed to be about the middle class and the working man (and woman), with Barack Obama’s election that focus changed... it changed focus to carrying out a social agenda and policies that worked against the Middle Class. Then when people cried out about it, the Democrats called them racists, sexists, xenophobes, Nazis, stupid and a whole host of other unflattering names because those folks didn’t believe the party was in their corner anymore.

This is a surprise? You insult people and think they're actually going to vote for you?

The Democrats embraced globalism at the expense of jobs, illegal immigrants at the expense of jobs, refugees... basically everyone else that they could while telling the people in the middle class who are struggling that they need to just suck it up because the world is changing. Oh, and we're going to keep raising your taxes while we’re at it too because we believe government should be even bigger.

I mean honestly, how hard is it to figure out? The evidence is in front of your faces and even now the Democrats deny it and position themselves as “the resistance” not realizing this is the attitude that got them into this position to begin with.
Some folks believe Bernie Sanders managed to be so popular because he sounded like a Socialist, they took this as a signal to push the party further to the Left which is simply a huge mistake.

The reason Sanders message resonated with people was because it talked about Middle Class concerns, it spoke to the people who had been the Democrats traditional base. Hillary Clinton couldn’t do that because she managed to make her campaign about whatever special interest group was in front of her at that moment and she sounded disingenuous all the while.

I still believe if Sanders had been the nominee he would’ve won.

But I really wonder if the Democrats recognize that? I wonder if they understand what it is people across the country want? They’ve got precious little time to learn that lesson and if they don’t learn it fast they are likely to be suffering through a second term of a Trump Presidency much as they may not want that to happen. 

No comments: